About the product
Hitlock Retaining Compounds secure bearings, bushes and cylindrical parts into housings or onto shafts. They achieve maximum load transmission capability and uniform stress distribution and eliminate fretting corrosion. Applied as a liquid, they form a 100 % contact between mating metal surfaces, eliminating the need for expensive replacement parts, time consuming machining or the use of mechanical methods.
- High-strength products can carry high loads
- Fill all voids to prevent corrosion and fretting
- 100 % contact – load and stress is distributed evenly over the joint
Hitlock Retaining Compounds fill the inner space between components and cure to form a strong precision assembly.
Benefits of Retaining Compounds
- Enhanced torque resistance over mechanical joining.
- 5 times greater load carrying capacity than mechanical jointing methods.
- Greater design freedom through possibility of joining dissimilar materials.
- Protection against corrosion.
- Reduced machining tolerances in part design.
- 100% surface-to-surface contact, thus improving strength and vibration resistance.
- Resistant to oils, solvents and other surface treatments.
- Available in permanent and removable formulations.
- Wide temperature range; from 55 to 230°C
- Seals, bonds and locks with one product.