About the product
Hitlock threadlocker is a reliable way to prevent the release or loosening of thread joints due to mechanical vibrations or environmental factors such as corrosion and temperature fluctuations. Hitlock threadlocker is suitable for a range of applications.
Key characteristics of threadlockers
- Clean and easy to apply
- Resists vibration
- Locks and seals all threads
- Reduces inventory costs
The main criteria in choosing the right threadlocker out of Hitlock’s wide range are the material (plastic or metal), diameter and thread length of the screws or stud bolts used, as well as their strength class. Many Hitlock products are universally applicable for a range of thread sizes.
Benefits of a liquid threadlocker
The threadlocker from Hitlock functions by curing in the absence of air. Compared to mechanical locking elements, Hitlock solutions have the advantage of a low cost per unit and efficient storage, supply, maintenance and repair. Product life is also extended thanks to the secure seal. Liquid threadlocker are particularly secure as the clamping force is retained, resulting in a high breakaway torque.
- Fast cure speeds for quick pressure testing.
- Dismantleable and permanent threadlocking that increases project versatility.
- 100% leak-free seal, even with mis-threaded fittings.
- Protection against corrosion.
- Wicking sealants to penetrate tight fitting or preassembled parts.
- Liquid adhesive provides greater surface-to-surface contact than mechanical fasteners.
- Resistant to oils, solvents and other surface treatments.
- Available in permanent and removable formulations.
- Superior bond strength; often exceeds that of substrate material.
- Wide temperature range; from 55 to 230°C
- Gap fill capability from interference fits up to 0.5mm.
- Seals, bonds and locks with one product.